Wednesday, October 23, 2013

First Post

Sadly, I've had this blog created for about 3 months now. I am just so indecisive at what to write about for my first blog post. So I decided to finally just open a word document and start typing and see where it goes. The main thing holding me back was that I wasn't sure what I wanted to accomplish with this blog….I think I just want to simply write. Write about anything and everything that comes to mind. Whether it is encouraging or just a random deep thought I've had. I am viewing it as therapy I guess. I also have always been grammatically challenged, so please ignore all the grammatical errors. I decided to make my first post easy and share something I wrote a few years ago. It is something I read from time to time when I need a good reminder.

I'm sure we have all heard the saying "Something good will come out of this." and I'm sure at one point or another in our lives we sit wondering "What good can possibly come out of this???" When we are faced with the tragedies of life, the death, the trials of varying kinds, it is so easy for us to let our immediate response be anger and questioning toward God. We may find ourselves saying, "why me?" or "What did I ever do to deserve this?" or maybe some might doubt that there is even a God at all. Hebrews 12:10-11 says “…but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.” We are going to endure pain and suffering in this life, why? I believe we are given circumstances in life that we CAN, if we choose, overcome only with God’s help. So what good do I think comes out of the rough, hard times? Personally, as a believer, the rough times I have had in my life have actually shaped me into the Christian I am today. My relationship with Christ would not be strong and growing if I never had to look to him for help and guidance in every aspect of my life. I look back on things I have gone through and EVERY time I can point out a moment that God had intervened, that He was working in my life. I am where I am now because of Him taking me out of a situation that at the time I felt to be perfect. I was too selfish to accept what He had planned for me. His ways and will for our lives is the ONLY way to have true happiness. James 1:12 says “Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.” As difficult as it is to accept the hard times we are to look to God to bring us through. We are to understand that God, our creator, knows what He is doing and how it will bring good to someone, somewhere. In every aspect of our lives we are to Glorify Christ, I believe a whole lot of people are watching us during the hard times, so how are we going to choose to handle it?? Trust in the Lord for He is so good. He has a plan. The great hope we have is that the trials are only temporary!! This life is only temporary!! Be thankful for every trial because it is a chance to build a relationship and get closer to God our father. Romans 8:28 says “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” During hard times surround yourself with the word of God and remember His promises. He has been and will always be faithful. If everything you have was to be stripped away from you at this very moment, find hope and happiness in knowing that there is a purpose and that God is STILL in control. Give it all to Him and step back to watch Him work. :)

“…but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.” Therefore life your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather healed. Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.” Hebrews 12: 10-14

No comments:

Post a Comment